- How to quickly Deploy SanerNow in your Network?
- Signing up with SanerNow
- Setting up SanerNow Account
- Evaluating SanerNow’s Features
- Agent Deployment
- Agent Configuration
- Managing other settings in SanerNow Control Panel
- Active Directory Sync
- Network Scanner Settings
- Setting up Multi-factor Authentication
- SanerNow Vulnerability Management
- SanerNow Patch Management
- SanerNow Compliance Management
- SanerNow Asset Exposure
- SanerNow Endpoint Management
- SanerNow Endpoint Query Response
- Audit Logs
How to quickly Deploy SanerNow in your Network? #
SecPod SanerNow cyberhygiene platform provides a 30-day free trial to help you try out the features of SanerNow in your network. You can evaluate this demo account on 10 endpoints.
Note: The demo account is available only in the cloud version.
Signing up with SanerNow #
- Go to https://sanernow.com/
- Enter your email address, full name, company name, and set a password to access SanerNow account.
- Click on Sign Up button, and your SanerNow account will be successfully created.
- You will now receive an email to verify your registered email address.
- Click on the verification link in your email to complete the process.
- Your SanerNow account is successfully created now and you can sign in with your registered credentials.
Setting up SanerNow Account #
Select Tools to evaluate #
- Once you sign in, you will be directed to SanerNow Account Setup Dashboard. Select, by clicking on Activate, the tools you want to evaluate in your free trial period and click on the Next button.
Update your Profile #
- Enter your billing address, mobile number, and preferred currency details to complete the signup process. The details provided here will be used for generating invoice during purchase.
- Click Save to complete your profile.
- Select Open SanerNow Platform in the top rightand you will be redirected to SanerNow’s product console.
You have now successfully completed your account setup, and you are now ready to kickstart your evaluation process.
Evaluating SanerNow’s Features #
Onboard your organization #
- Enter your organization’s name and the number of endpoints you want to evaluate (maximum limit in free trial period is 10). (This dashboard can be accessed directly by going to https://saner.secpod.com and logging in with your credentials.)
- Select the tools you want to evaluate in your free trial period
- Click Onboard
- Upon completion of the onboard process click on Go to Dashboard.
Agent Deployment #
To Deploy Agents on your organization endpoints:
- Go to Control Panel by clicking on the gear icon on the top right side of the window.
- Select Agent Deployment from the left side menu.
You can install agents in two different ways:
- Download Agent and Install:
- Select your endpoints’ operating system, click on Download, and install it to the required endpoints.
- -OR- Click on the Share this download link to share a link to download the agents on a remote machine (requires authentication)
Agent Installation Through Command-line Options: https://saner.secpod.com/docs/Agent-Installation-Command-Line-Options.html?activeTab=Agent%20Installers
- Deployer Tool:
- Click on Offline Deployer on the top right corner of the Agent Deployment window.
- Select your endpoints’ operating system, click on Download, and follow the instructions as per the guide to install agents to the required endpoints.
- Saner Agent Installation Through SecPod Saner Deployer: https://saner.secpod.com/docs/Agent-Installation-Through-Saner-Deployer.html?activeTab=Offline%20Deployer
Agent Configuration #
You can configure your agent settings here.
- Click Create settings to go to the configuration settings page.
- Specify and enable the metrics here to configure your agent settings and apply it to the required groups and devices.
Managing other settings in SanerNow Control Panel #
Select the setting options in the top right corner of the SanerNow dashboard to go to SanerNow Control Panel.
In addition to the Agent deployment and Agent configuration, you can perform the following actions in SanerNow control panel:
All Organizations #
You can manage the Organizations, SanerNow Account, and their preferences here.
Add or modify users and their privileges to manage SanerNow account.
You can discover devices within your network, sync active directory, manually import endpoints’ list here.
Importing devices via CVSS
Active Directory Sync #
- Sync and configure your organization’s Active Directory with SanerNow to make the management of groups and computers easy.
- Under Active Directory Sync, go to Settings and select the Scanner Type according to your requirements.
- Specify the Server URL, connection type, upload the SSL certificate, and verify the SSL certificate details, and specify a user name and password, who has read-only permissions to the Active Directory Groups and Computers, to configure Active Directory.
- Schedule and configure the scans according to your requirements
- Enable Auto Sync Active Directory Organization Structure to schedule the SanerNow Server to scan Active Directory (AD) at regular intervals. This scan operation fetches the latest updates to accounts, groups, and devices in the Active Directory.
- Exclude List
- After configuring the connectivity with your Active directory, go back to scan info and click Scan Now to initiate the Scan immediately.
Refer to the Agent Deployment section above to know the settings you can perform here.
Network Scanner Settings #
- Under Network Scanner, go to Summary and Click Create New Scanner to configure a new network scanner.
- Select and designate a SanerNow agent from your organization endpoint to perform network scanning.
- Enter the Scan Config name, target IP details, exclusion IP list, and port details to configure the scan. Note you may use the default ports for the initial scans.
- Schedule scan according to your requirements. The scan will run automatically in the background without interrupting the users.
- Select the Scan Policy according to your requirement. The Default Policy will be selected by default. The list of created policies will be available in the drop-down menu. Users can create their own set of policies for each network they wish to scan. Refer to the Scan Policy section for more details. After selecting the policy from the drop-down menu, click on the Create button.
Mail settings #
You can configure a public or a local mail server here to receive email alerts and reports.
Setting up Multi-factor Authentication #
You can enable Multi-factor authentication here to manage your organization’s accounts safely.
You can choose and upload the logo of your image to cobrand.
SanerNow Vulnerability Management #
SanerNow provides a continuous and automated vulnerability management solution to keep attacks at bay.
With SanerNow Vulnerability Management, you can,
- Run the fastest Vulnerability scans in 5 minutes
- Assess and prioritize vulnerabilities based on the severity
- Remediate vulnerabilities with integrated patching
- Gain detailed vulnerability insights from insight dashboards
- Assess vulnerabilities and tasks with readily available reports
SanerNow Patch Management #
SanerNow provides end-to-end automated patching for all OSs like Windows, Mac, Linux, and 300+ third-party applications
With SanerNow Patch Management, you can,
- Rapidly scan and detect missing patches
- Prioritize patches based on the criticality
- Automated end-to-end patching from scanning to deployment
- Remediate all OSs, third-party apps, and firmware patches
- Rollback faulty patches
- Get insightful reports on all patching tasks
SanerNow Compliance Management #
SanerNow supports system hardening and compliance for major industry benchmarks like HIPAA, PCI, ISO, & NIST.
With SanerNow Compliance Management, you can,
- Detect deviation in system setting and devices which don’t adhere to Compliance
- Implement compliance on all device
- Fix misconfigurations and harden system settings
- Create customized compliance security policies
- Stay compliance audit-ready with readily available customizable reports
SanerNow Asset Exposure #
SanerNow Asset Exposure provides 360-degree visibility and control over your organization’s IT inventory.
With SanerNow Asset Exposure, you can,
- Run continuous scans and detect hardware and software inventory details in real-time
- Manage software licenses
- Blacklist and whitelist applications
- Track details of rarely used and outdated applications
- Gain insightful and customizable IT Asset reports
SanerNow Endpoint Management #
SanerNow allows to continuously monitor and manage endpoints, keeping endpoint health in check. And allows you to go beyond patching and implement various endpoint controls.
With SanerNow Endpoint Management, you can:
- Monitor 100+ endpoint metrics
- Deploy software across multiple systems at ease with pre-built software repository
- Block malicious devices and applications
- Troubleshoot devices and manage system health
- Apply strong security controls
- Tune-up system for better performance
- Gather insightful and customizable reports
SanerNow Endpoint Query Response #
SanerNow allows you to achieve IOA and IOC security by detecting and responding to threat indicators.
With SanerNow Endpoint Query Response, you can,
- Detect Indicators of Attacks and Indicators of Compromise with premade kits
- Create a response to detected threats immediately
- Create customizable threat detection and response logics
- Gain auditable and detailed reports all incident summaries
Alerts keep administrators informed about new vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and any new noncompliance in agent-installed machines.
Note: Make sure you have configured your mail server to receive alerts.
To Set Alerts,
1. Click Alerts on the left pane. The Alerts page displays the alert types and the option to subscribe to an alert, as well as the individual settings for each alert type will be available.
2. Turn the Subscription Status on for the alert type you wish to receive.
3. Enter an email ID to which the corresponding alerts must be send to an E-mail box. You can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas.
4. Select the Conditions you wish to receive alerts for.
5. Click Update.
SanerNow provides a wide range of readily available reports to monitor all activities. You can click the report icon available on the left-hand side to view the reports. You can also create customizable reports according to your requirements.
SanerNow supports multiple client accounts and multiple users for each account, and each user can take varied actions based on the privileges of the role. Therefore, in order to maintain security and compliance or to fix issues, it may become necessary to trace the history of actions.
To view, download or filter the audit logs
• Click Audit Logs on the left pane of the dashboard
• You can download the audit log as an Excel file
• You can search through the audit log
• Click Apply Filter to narrow your search