SanerNow lists the most critical patches and allows remediation for the same. Let us learn how to apply the most critical patches in SanerNow.
- In Sanernow, go to the patch management dashboard
- In the patch management dashboard, click on most critical patches
- You will be displayed with all the missing patches, assigned vendor, asset name, patch size, and other details
- Set up the Asset source, Operating systems, and Asset family
- Now select the assets that you want to patch
- Click on apply selected patches
- Here, assign the task name and schedule the remediation time.
- You can immediately apply patches
- You can apply patches after the scheduled scan
- You can apply patches on a custom date
- You can schedule the reboot time from the Reboot control option
- Do not reboot
- Reboot automatically
Once the patch is applied, the system gets rebooted automatically with a prior reboot notification
- Schedule date and time
You can schedule a date and time with a reboot message.
Note: This value specifies the local date and time at which reboot will be mandated on all endpoints. Logged-in users can postpone reboot on their machines until this date-time value is reached. A prompt will appear on the user’s screen before initiating a reboot.
- Remediation End Time
Remediation will be completed at the specified time
- Patching Notification
Give notification start message and notification end message so that you can be informed about the patching activity
- Remediation Scripts
You can upload pre-remediation scripts and post-remediation scripts in the given file formats
Supported file formats in a script:
Windows: inf, reg, ps1, bat, exe, msi, msp
Linux: sh, deb, rpm
macOS: sh, pkg, dmg (pkg, app)
- Click on Apply Selected Patches
- Click here to learn how to test and deploy patches in SanerNow: How to apply missing patches in SanerNow? – SecPod – Documentation
You have successfully created a task to test and deploy critical patches.