SanerNow facilitates excluding the security and non-security patches that are not required. You can exclude missing patches and the most critical patches and view the excluded patches in the Exclusion list.
- Go to the Patch Management module and click on Missing Patches/Most Critical Patches.
2. Select the patches through the check box.
3. Click Exclude and fill up all the exclude policy details: Policy Name, Policy description, Policy Duration, Reason, and Comments.
4. You got a dropdown list for choosing policy reasons: False Positives, Not Applicable, or Risk Accepted.
5. You can add custom missing patches/most critical patches to the existing list.
6. Click on Exclude Selected Items. These items/patches don’t show up in the patch management dashboard until the completion of policy duration or until you disable or delete the policy.
Now you have successfully excluded the patches in SanerNow.