SanerNow facilitates dealing with false positives and vulnerabilities that do not apply to their environment. You can exclude and view them using the vulnerability management module.
You can exclude vulnerabilities in the All Vulnerability section, the Vulnerabilities panel, and also from the Top Vulnerable Assets in the Vulnerability management dashboard.
- In Vulnerability Management, go to All Vulnerabilities.
2. Select the vulnerabilities to exclude through the check box.
3. Now, click Quick Action. You have two options: Exclude and Remediate. Select Exclude.
4. Fill up all the exclude policy details: Policy Name, Policy description, Policy Duration, Reason, Comments.
5. From the dropdown list, choose the policy reasons: False Positives, Not Applicable, or Risk Accepted.
6. You can add custom CVEs or USNs to the existing list.
7. Click on Exclude Selected Items. These items/vulnerabilities don’t show up in the vulnerability dashboard until the completion of policy duration or until you disable or delete the policy.
Now you have successfully excluded the vulnerabilities in SanerNow.